A new survey recently published by the Entertainment Software Association provides some interesting facts about the American gaming industry. According to this report:
- the average age of a gamer is 35 years;
- 26% of gamers are over the age of 50;
- 40% of gamers are female;
- 59% of gamers play games with other people in person;
- the best selling genres of computer game (as opposed to video game) in 2007 were strategy (33.9%) and role playing (18.8%), followed by shooters (11.6%) and adventure games (5.0%).